Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make backup of openVIX for zgemma-star 2S/H1

Dear All.

pls check attachment about how to make backup of OpenVIX for our zgemma-star H1/2S.

Now we hold New Year discount in aliexpress,welcome to order it.
    For H1,
    http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Zgemma-Star-H1-Combo-HD-DVB-S2-DVB-C-Satellite-TV-Receiver-Best-Selling-products/112376_32262542109.html

For 2S,

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/produ...262530299.html

regards,
    Lily
    Attached Files

Confirmed this works.
    I copied the missing "force" and "imageversion" files from original flash file I used. All worked fine on reflash.
    on word of warning. Dont change the precursor text openatv. When I changed text to vix it skipped root and timed out on kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by sucmnsee View Post
      Confirmed this works.
      I copied the missing "force" and "imageversion" files from original flash file I used. All worked fine on reflash.
      on word of warning. Dont change the precursor text openatv. When I changed text to vix it skipped root and timed out on kernel.
      Hi, what do you mean by precursor ? i tried making backup with build vix 118, when creating backup it stayed on 18% for 30 mins then get timeout error

so i thought i try build 109 as another reported they made backup fine, but that build some reason the autobouquet maker for cable just gave cannot read data when trying to scan,

so i then tried build 106, which scanned fine, and with main plugins installed, it created backup with just few plugins installed, but then installed more plugins, now i get timeout error when creating backup, in memory i have 74mb flash memory free so more then enough room, anyone know how i can do backup, now i guess i know why build 118 didnt work, i installed plugins,

Thanks

Comment

Using ftp program, what size is your root folder?

Comment

Using ftp program, what size is your root folder?
          i first made backup with minimum plugins installed, then slowly added more each time and done backup

this is the size of the rootfs.bin created when created backup
          root 86mb with minimum plugins installed , can create backup and flashes back fine

i added more plugins and it also created backup fine size 120mb root which i thought great should work, but when trying to flash back, box just stays displaying flash, noting happens, only way either flash clean image or flash backup i made with smaller size

seems like you cant create backup image if it too large, would be great if i could get plugins installed and create backup which flashed back fine

Thanks

Comment

I remember reading max flash file size about a year ago in some post. Think they said 120mb or something but was ages ago

Comment

Have u left it for 20 mins with FLASH on front just in case?

Comment

Have u left it for 20 mins with FLASH on front just in case?
                i must have left it for around 15min- 20mins, will try again, i have made backups on solo2 and duo2 which where well over 120mb and worked fine, but this are officially supported receievers , this is based on xp1000 right ? which has 128mb flash , is that the reason ?

Thanks

Comment

Based on the LX-x series I think for compatability ends but original boxs in other respects as far as ive been told.
                  not sure about the flash sorry

Comment

Based on the LX-x series I think for compatability ends but original boxs in other respects as far as ive been told.
                    not sure about the flash sorry
                    left for over 20mins noting, i think cant make big backups, need to be around 80mb-100mb to be ok, hope there is solution for this

Thanks

Comment

anyone manage to create a backup thats bigger then 120mb in size ?

Thanks

Comment

Have u seen this?

http://www.zgemma.tv/index.php?folde...gtUGx1Z2lucw==

Comment

No files or folders in this directory: Zgemma-Star-H1/Patch-Plugins

Comment

I removed it because it is now integrated into our versions of OpenPLI4 : http://forums.zgemma.tv/forums/zgemm...?p=364#post364
                            "OpenVIX" already contains an official plugin for backup and restore.

Comment

Sorry dude. Was there.
                              @SIP-online. Could you please link to it again as vix built in wont make backup larger than 125mb?
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X