Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hi,

I have had this box for a month now...Zgemma Star H1 combo twin tuner (DVBS2) (DVBC) Linux FTA black edition.

I have a few issues. I had a 1TB ext HDD plugged into it so I can record. The HDD also has the firmware for Zgemma on it.

First problem is when i press pause i get this message, 'Creating hardline to time shift failed! The filesystem on your time shift device does not support hard links. Make sure it is formatted in EXT2 or EXT3! [emo 1] Operation not permitted'. I have gone into timeshift settings in the menu and tried to change 'automatically start time shift after 2 seconds'. I then get this message, 'The directory /media/hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 or NFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type. I formatted the drive to FAT32 on my mac prior to software being installed. Do I need to create a partition with a different format on my Mac??

Second problem I have is when I set up a recording overnight (live boxing over weekend was the last time it happened) I changed finish time to hours after the show would've finished just to ensure I didn't miss anything. The recording stopped after 59 minutes. This has happened a lot and I have no idea why? I'm changing the record end time to well after the show finishes and yet the recording always stops early.

When I view file list for recordings, the text is cut in half horizontal. EPG bouquet is cut off on left side of screen also. Tried uploading pictures from Flickr using BB code without success.

I would say i'm ok with basic tech but this has got me scratching my head. (I didn't put the software on the ext HDD a friend did it for me). Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

did you actually initialise your hard drive in your image software press menu setup system extended system storage devices select your hdd then ok then initialise press red to do it and that should set up your hard drive also is your hdd a 2.5 inch or a 3.5 inch if it is a 2.5 inch one it will run from the usb on the back of your box if it is a 3.5 inch one it will need a powered usb enclosure

Comment

Originally posted by bighun View Post
      did you actually initialise your hard drive in your image software press menu setup system extended system storage devices select your hdd then ok then initialise press red to do it and that should set up your hard drive also is your hdd a 2.5 inch or a 3.5 inch if it is a 2.5 inch one it will run from the usb on the back of your box if it is a 3.5 inch one it will need a powered usb enclosure
      Thanks bighun, I've initialised and got this message, 'Initilialisiing storage device.... Error. Unmount can't forcibly unmount /media/hdd: Device or resource busy.

Its a 2.5 inch and is plugged into the back.

Comment

I've plugged into the front usb and now successfully initialised. Still getting error when trying to set up auto time shift.

Comment

The user interface is Maxdigital XP1000 if that is any help?

Comment

I have similar problem but just the one. The text in my file list is cut in half horizontally. Please help

Comment

Working...
            X